You discover a new symptom:
- Try to ignore symptom.
- Go through a few hours/days of ignoring symptom.
- Fail to ignore symptom.
- Struggle for a few hours/days against googling the symptom.
- Google the symptom.
- Trawl through the pages until your brain settles on a sufficiently serious disease.
- Tell self that there is no way you have the disease.
- Fail at reassuring self.
- Try to ignore the disease for a few hours/days.
- Fail to ignore the disease.
I’m trying hard to ensure the cycle doesn’t start again. For anyone that goes through the same thing, know that you are not alone. :) I will come up with more useful posts in the future about how to get over hypochondria, but right now, I’m still on the battlefield.